CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Jun 30, 2008

Green Thumb





I'm trying to learn the fine art of gardening. I figured I'd throw some plants in some dirt and see if they do anything. Well, they did! Thanks to the help of Miracle Grow probably. I've had fun playing with flowers and planting some veggies and herbs. I've become a fan of the container gardening.


I love pulling up to the house and seeing my flowers outside on the steps. They make me smile.































I tried to get creative with my containers. This chair is my favorite! I found it at an antique store, and put an enamelware bowl in it and filled it with pretty pink petunias.























Out on the patio in the back, I planted a little veggie garden, thanks to donations from my Aunt Cheryl. She donated the black fish pond that is being used as the container, as well as the rocks I put in the bottom for drainage, and all of the plants. We've got 4 tomato plants and 2 eggplant plants growing hog wild in there. I also have 2 bell pepper plants in there, but they've not done much.


Here's a tiny eggplant just peeking through!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the update. I love to get on here and see how life is going for all of you. I am jealous that you are gardening. I haven't had much time for that yet this summer. Scrapbooking lots here!!!
Love ya,
Tracy