CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Oct 18, 2008

Trip to Kirksville

This summer Koichi, Lily and I traveled up to Kirksville, MO to go to my 10 year college reunion at the Baptist Student Union. I was really lucky to have the BSU during my 4 years at Truman, and I made a lot of great friends (some who never ever left!). It was so much fun to go up to the 'ville and see everyone. Here are the people who were able to come with their families. We had a picnic brunch at Thousand Hills State Park. It was hot and humid, but still a lot of fun.




The BSU sure has changed a lot since I was there. In fact, the old BSU building was completely remodeled. Here's me and Lily standing out front.



The night that we got to Kirksville we had a "coffee house" at the BSU. One of the best parts was that we were able to make a Skype internet call to Heather, one of my very best friends, in Japan. It was really cool to be able to see and talk to her. I haven't seen her since last Christmas break, and I'm not likely to see her again until April of 2009 when (I think) she's planning on coming back to the States for good. Doesn't she look awesome!?!




On the way to Kirksville we took a sidetrip to Jamesport to have some lunch, do some shopping, and check out the local Amish grocery stores. We ate a Mennonite buffet that was sooooo yummy. All the little women in their prayer kaps were oohing and ahhing over Lily while we were there.


0 comments: